My Favorite Anti-Aging Secrets
Is it possible to look years younger just by our dietary choices? Yes it is. Proper and strategic nourishment on a cellular level can give you glowing, radiant skin, fewer wrinkles and less sagging. Switching to a whole foods diet, adding specific superfoods and eliminating processed and sugary foods can make all the difference in the way we age ( especially in the face). Here are my favorite wrinkle reducing secrets.
- Bone Broth. Bone broth contains collagen to make your skin supple and radiant. This delicious, mineral-rich broth can be used to make soup to support smooth, strong skin and reduce cellulite as well. Learn how to make bone broth HERE.
- Foods rich in amino acids. A diet high in essential amino acids helps keep your skin firm and elastic, while a deficiency makes it thin and dry. Meat and eggs are your best sources for essential amino acids. Organic, grass fed preferred.
- Fermented Foods. A healthy gut translates into wrinkle free and glowing skin. When your gut is healthy your body is getting nourished on a cellular level. On the other hand, if you have leaky gut (an unhealthy gut) toxins are allowed to escape the intestines and create a cascade of inflammation in the body. This slow burning fire makes you look older, blotchy and unwell. Fermented foods like sauerkraut, kefir and kimchi promote good bacteria and a healthier gut.
- Colorful vegetables. Vegetables are loaded with antioxidants, helping prevent oxidative stress (damage to cells caused by free radicals). Kale, spinach, sweet potatoes, broccoli, eggplant and red bell peppers just to name a few. Think rainbow.
- Green Tea. Its potential anti-aging benefits are believed to be related to highly potent antioxidants known as catechins which are even more powerful than vitamins C and E. Green tea is known to protect the skin from sun damage which is the cause of many wrinkles.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids. The fatty acids not only protect against sun damage, they actually help repair it (remember sun damage=wrinkles). Fatty acids can help prevent the release of enzymes that destroy collagen, warding off sagging skin and wrinkles. Good sources are salmon, walnuts, flaxseed and grass fed beef.
If you would like to improve your skin, reduce the aging process and look glowing and radiant begin adding these foods systematically to your diet. Protecting your body from free radicals, hydrating your skin, increasing collagen production through healthy foods will beat your best cream and botox every time.