10 Secrets to Prevent Sagging and Deep Wrinkles in Your Face While Losing Weight
Ever wonder why some people look great and others look older after losing weight? A lot of people complain that the skin on their face tends to sag, has more wrinkles and loses its plumpness. Can this down side of weight loss be minimized? Naturally, there is some level of fat loss in the face but deep wrinkles, sagging, dull and unhealthy looking skin CAN be avoided. With strategic nutrition, hydration, and daily skin care, you can keep your skin looking young, glowing and minimize wrinkles. Here are my 10 best tips if you want to avoid aging in the face that accompanies weight loss.
1. Lose weight slowly. Dropping a lot of weight too fast is a recipe for sagging skin. Take your time and your skin does a better job of adjusting.
2. Stop yo-yo dieting. Every time you lose and gain weight your skin elasticity is affected. Your skin can only bounce back so many times. Click HERE to put a stop to the dieting dysfunction and to finally get off this roller coaster.
3. Collagen Peptides. This is my absolute MUST have for preventing wrinkles and sagging skin in the face. Collagen is sometimes referred to as the skin’s glue, as it helps give skin strength, plumpness, smoothness and elasticity. Collagen peptides work from the inside out, nourishing the deepest layers of the underlying dermis. You must have a good quality one like this (LINK)
4. Get plenty of water. The cells in your skin will become more elastic and plump when you are hydrated. It’s that simple.
5. Microneedling. This is an all-natural procedure you can get done in a spa or you can purchase your own and do it at home ( link). The microneedle creates small wounds on the skins surface. These wounds then trigger the brain to start the formation of collagen and elastin, the two major proteins that contribute to younger skin. I would do it for every 5-10 pounds of weight loss.
6. Eat a diet rich in phytonutrients (chemical compounds found in plants). When free radicals run rampant in our body they cause deterioration and destruction of our healthy cells. When we eat foods rich in phytonutrients, it will quickly activate a group of enzymes that go around cleaning up the free radicals before they cause cellular damage and aging. In other words, a diet full of colorful vegetables and fruits beats even the best wrinkle cream. Every.Single.Time.
7. Avoid too much long slow cardio. During cardio, your body is filled with free radicals that wander around your bloodstream and attack your cells. Dr. Laurence Kirwan, a plastic surgeon, claims that cardio can damage facial tissue and cause skin to sag. Do shorter more strategic workouts that burn fat and minimize accelerated aging in the face, like this ( link to chads youtube).
8. Drink Green Tea Daily. Research suggests that green tea contains protective compounds that help prevent the breakdown of collagen, the cause of wrinkles. A cup a day keeps the winkles away.
9. Eat gut healing foods. Your gut integrity and your skin go hand in hand. Gut healing foods like bone broth, fermented foods, kombucha tea, pasture raised animals, avocado, coconut oil, olive oil, and salmon also lend to beautiful skin.
10. Lemon Water. The vitamin C in lemon helps boost collagen production. This in turn helps restore elasticity to your skin. Lemon water also detoxifies the liver (your biggest fat burning organ) so you get an extra bonus. Drink a glass of warm lemon water first thing in the morning. !/2 lemon in an 8-12 ounce glass does the trick.